Saturday 5 September 2009

Anchors Away...




For the first time in eighteen very long months, my 'second home' reopened last night, refurbished, and as wonderful as that tearful last night before it was closed down. It really is not a good time for businesses in our country at the moment with the state of our economical affairs, and far more pubs are closing down than there are opening.

Six years ago, The Anchor, in many ways, changed me, and redirected my aim in life, and could not have reopened at a better time. Last night was such a boost for me. The smell of fresh paint on the walls still lingers around my senses and reminds me of new beginnings.

To see those doors open again, to sit in the beer garden amongst friends, and to finally get the chance to sing along to Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing', just one more time, is like a dream come true. I am easily pleased, but pleased, all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment